Reports to Board of Directors
The starting salary will be based upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Salary range of $75,000 – $90,000/year. A benefits package is also included.
Summary Description: Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director serves as the chief executive of TV Santa Barbara (TVSB). Key duties of the Executive Director include:
• Expanding the vision for TVSB through development of future-focused services and technology that responds to the changing needs of the Santa Barbara community.
• Represent TVSB externally, communicating the organization’s vision to community leaders, funders, and elected officials.
• Implement and expand programs and services to meet the needs of Santa Barbara residents and nonprofit organizations.
• Inspire the participation of community volunteers and organizations in TVSB activities.
• Develop community relationships to foster support for TVSB program activities.
TVSB seeks a proven leader who is dedicated to providing access and resources to Santa Barbara communities that are underserved and underrepresented in traditional media. We seek a flexible person with sound judgement in decision making, who is also a big-picture thinker to drive a compelling vision for TVSB in the future.
A leader with strong communication skills, this person must have a proven track record of collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure that goals are achieved. Career experience in a senior leadership position in an organization with a similar mission is a plus, but is not required.
Anticipated Employment Starting Date: October – November 2017
Applicants must submit:
(1) a detailed letter of introduction (describing the degree to which their experience, knowledge and skills match the identified duties and responsibilities, minimum employment standards and requirements, and desirable qualifications of this position);
(2) a current resume; and
(3) a statement regarding the applicant’s salary and benefits requirements.
Submit the application materials described above as PDF format attachments to an email message – to The Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title and your name in the subject line.
Position is open until filled. Apply now for full consideration. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm (PDT) on Friday, August 25, 2017..
No calls please.